Understand the Considerations of Blockchain
This three-day course provides an understanding of all the business and technical considerations you should consider for each Blockchain solution as well as how to exploit concepts eXtreme Programming (XP) to deliver high quality products more quickly.
The first day will provide a general overview of Blockchain concepts, technologies, and terminology to include all the business, technical, and regulatory / compliance considerations necessary to establish a best-of-class solution.
After establishing the foundation of considerations for building Blockchain solutions, we will spend the next two days examining XP and how to apply its principles, values, practices, and techniques. We will walk through the entire lifecycle of a solution to ensure full understanding of XP so you can immediately apply its benefits within your organization.
This is not a course on cryptocurrency. The material is presented in a manner that is perfect for technical and non-technical people. While some subject matter will be technical in nature the intent of the course is to understand their reasons and considerations.
For individuals, this is an ideal opportunity to learn enough basics to apply for a blockchain position. For organizations, this is a great opportunity to start developing a common language and shared knowledge to start development for a Blockchain solution.
Beyond theory, we will provide real-world opinions based on years of observations developing large complex systems. We will even provide knowledge of how to apply Agile and Lean to every facet of your discovery, development, release, and monitoring requirements for consideration into planning.
The Importance of Blockchain Certifications
Certifications are important as they are a measure of skills and knowledge on a particular subject. Having certifications make you more attractive to potential employers and on average can lead to a 25% earnings increase compared to those without certifications. Maintaining certifications demonstrates to employers that your skills and knowledge are current and that professional growth is important.
Blockchain Certifications are extremely vital for individuals that truly want to stand out from their peers. Our certifications are the perfect way demonstrate business and technical knowledge for any Blockchain solution.
Who Will Benefit
This course is beneficial to organizations wish to do more with less. This offering is ideally suited for those in roles like:
- C-Level, Executives, VPs, and Directors
- Portfolio, Program, and Project Managers
- Enterprise and System Architects
- Software Architects & Engineers
- Database Architects & Engineers
- DevOps Engineers
We have a three-part Agenda; Set the Stage, Considerations, and Getting Started. Below are the Learning Objectives for your Introduction to Blockchain course within each part.
Set the Stage
- Know the history of Blockchain and its intent
- Understand the intent and concepts of blockchain solutions
- Recognize the opportunity to disrupt markets at the risk of losing it all
- Know the Importance of Hype, Failures, and Trust
- Understand the core concepts of blockchain processes
- Understand the business considerations to remain relevant
- Understand government considerations for affect and effect
- Understand compliance / regulatory considerations to remain relevant
- Understand technical considerations to develop and maintain solution(s)
- Recognize the people, processes, and tools needed for success
- Understand how to evaluate vendors / suppliers
- Understand the value of enabling plans (coaching, training, etc.)
- Learn how to identify and plan for value and risk mitigation
- Recognize how you can exploit the latest in Blockchain Agility (Xtreme Blockchain)
Day 2 & 3
Set the Stage
- Understand the Agile mindset
- Understand Agile principles and values
- Understand Lean principles
- Understand Lean Thinking principles
- Understand the XP framework
- Recognize the need to continuously evolve solutions with the business
- Recognize the need to continuously identify, measure, and meet Non-Functional Requirements
- Recognize the need to continuously evolve architecture
- Recognize the need to continuously evolve the infrastructure
- Learn how to utilize roadmap to meet business and technical needs
- Learn how to decompose plans for frequent high-quality deliverables
- Recognize the importance of managing and self-managing
- Recognize the need for continuous design
- Recognize the XP practices to implement high-quality code and tests
- Recognize the need to actively manage deliveries, deployments, and releases
Below are the primary topics presented during this course.
Set the Stage
- The History
- Blockchain Basics
- Blockchain “Standards”
- Developing a Common Language
- Be Wary of the Hype
- Risk vs Reward
- Key Concepts
- People, Processes, and Tools
- Cultural Enablement
- Identifying Value and Risks
- Planning and Roadmapping
- Xtreme Blockchain
Day 2 & 3
Set the Stage
- Lean Thinking
- eXtreme Programming
- Non-Functional Requirements
What You Get
- A workbook of the entire presentation
- Preparation to start exploring Blockchain opportunities
- Practical knowledge about what you must know to be successful with Blockchain
- Practical knowledge of how to use Agile and Lean while developing Blockchain solutions
- 24 Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Discounts on future training
- Eligibility to attain free training
- Knowledge from an actual Agile / Lean practitioner experienced in deliver large complex systems
Government and Non-Profit Organizations
To inquire about government or non-profit discounts and courses please contact us. We will discuss your needs and tailor a class that best suits your budget and desired outcome.
Want To Host?
We can accommodate organizations that wish to host the training events. Generally, we require at least twenty (20) students for organization hosted courses but if you are close to the Washington D.C. area we are flexible.